Sunday, May 20, 2007

Cottage holiday

I've been away for a week - just got back yesterday and trying to catch up with everything. We stopped at our son's on the way home to watch the cup final. But this was not a good game, with Manchester United losing to Chelsea - best not to say any more about that.

So, just a short post for the time being.

We stayed in a beautiful cottage in Gloucestershire and had a really relaxing break. Although I took lots of books to read and a cross-stitch to do I only read one book - Body Surfing - and did no stitching, because we went for several walks, did lots of sightseeing, had several good pub meals and were entertained by squirrels on the bird feeder outside the kitchen window as well as the birds, and by a group of Gloucestershire Old Spots (pigs) in the field across the road - more photos to follow.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Hello, I just discovered your blog and as I am always looking for good books to read, I will be visiting again soon.

Hope that you enjoyed your holiday in Gloucestershire.

Marie

StuckInABook said...

Hello again, nice to have you back! Whereabouts in Gloucestershire were you? I used to live about a mile away from the Gloucestershire border, in South Worcestershire

BooksPlease said...

Yes, we had a good holiday and took lots of photos. When I've sorted through them I'll put some on the blog.

Simon, we were near Painswick. Painswick has a beautiful church with most impressive church grounds.

Nan said...

We stayed at a house in Forthampton 15 years ago with our then 9 and 7 year old children. How we loved it.