Thursday, July 19, 2007

Booking through Thursday Just Wild About Harry

Booking Through Thursday's questions this week are:

Okay, love him or loathe him, you’d have to live under a rock not to know that J.K. Rowling’s final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, comes out on Saturday… Are you going to read it?
If so, right away? Or just, you know, eventually, when you get around to it? Are you attending any of the midnight parties?
If you’re not going to read it, why not?
And, for the record… what do you think? Will Harry survive the series? What are you most looking forward to?


I will read it, but not yet. I've read all the other books - when they came out in paperback for the first four books and then borrowed the others. I got a bit fed up with the Quidditch matches and the repetition. I quite enjoyed the films (I've seen two), but no, I'm not going to any midnight parties or queuing up to buy the book - I'm not that wild about Harry.


I hope Harry survives - but you never know.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just can't wait to see how it will all play out!

Happy Thursday!!

Paul said...

You can borrow my copy on Monday. I'm sure I'll have finished it by then :)

Currently reading George book 1. A week gone and we've got to chapter 4. Hopefully by the time we get to book 4 he'll be able to read it himself.

BooksPlease said...

Thanks, Paul. I'll look forward to it. George'll get there before book 4. Is Emilia interested too?

Literary Feline said...

I am not overly fond of the Quidditch game either and I think it was book 4 that had me wishing the big match at the beginning would hurry up. LOL

Ann said...

It's been like NASA central here over the past few weeks with The Bears on permanent countdown and if I don't get them a copy tomorrow I'm likely to be lynched. But will our copies get through? Radio Five Live had a text this afternoon from a lorry driver trapped on the M5 by floods with a load of 40000 copies that he was supposed to have delivered for the midnight release. Their advice was that he pull over and sell them so that the others in the queue would have something to read.