Friday, August 31, 2007

R.I.P.II Challenge

I didn't think I'd join in with this challenge, but looking at the books Carl gives as examples of scary books I realise that I've already read and enjoyed some of them - The Woman in White, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, The Thirteenth Tale, Season of the Witch, Dr Jykll and Mr Hyde and Titus Groan for example, so I've decided it's not too scary for me after all.

So I'm going for:

Peril the Fourth (Otherwise known as Just a Bit of Peril):
Some of you wonderful readers, or would-be readers, may have a tendency to shy away from this genre, thinking it is just not your cup of poisoned tea. However, it wouldn’t be a challenge if I wasn’t challenging you.
This peril is for those of you who want to take a chance. Simply choose one book that you feel meets the criteria for Readers Imbibing Peril II and, well, imbibe it
!

and I'll be reading Edgar Allen Poe's Tales of Mystery and Imagination, partly because I have already started to read The Murders in the Rue Morgue and want to finish it. I also remember watching from behind my fingers an old movie of the Pit and the Pendulum and that's in the collection as well.

1 comment:

Carl V. said...

I am so glad you are joining in. I think when people see something like this they think "horror" and images of King, Koontz, etc. make them turn away (unless they are fans, of course). The point for me doing this was that my most favorite 'scary' books were the old-timey gothic ones, or contemporary ones written in that style and I wanted to share that love of eerie gothic books with others. Welcome aboard, I really appreciate your participation!