Saturday, September 15, 2007

Nice Matters


Nan gave me the Nice Matters Award back in August. I’m sorry it’s taken so long to write about it, Nan, but I’ve been thinking about posting about it since then. Nice Matters can be thought of in different ways – “nice” things, or the significance and importance of being “nice”.

The dictionary definition of “nice” includes “agreeable, delightful, respectable, good in any way, something done with great care and exactness, accurate, and good-natured.” So I’ll disregard and indeed ignore one of my English teachers at school who told us not to use the word “nice” as she thought it was a neutral word and didn’t signify much at all. The concept of “Niceness” is good and it does indeed matter.

I am honoured, Nan – thank you. I don’t know Nan personally but judging from her blog I think that she is a thoroughly nice person.


No comments: