Thursday, November 08, 2007

Volume - Booking Through Thursday - on Friday




Would you say that you read about the same amount now as when you were younger? More? Less?Why?

Deb was late posting this because she took Monday and Tuesday off for her birthday and then completely lost track of what day it was. I'm late posting too, because yesterday was our wedding anniversary and I had a very self-indulgent day. I had my nails and hair done and we went out for a meal last night.

Anyway, I've certainly read a lot more this year than last year and the reason is that I left work in April and can now spend time during the day to read. Before I just had time to squeeze in half an hour at lunch time some days. I always take a book with me when I'm out in case there's an opportunity to read. When I was at work I had to wait so long for the lift I'd sometimes get out my book and read for a few minutes. So it really is luxurious to be able to sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and have a good long read.

As to when I was younger, I really only have an impression of how many books I read. I did keep a record when I was about 10 but I don't have the list any more. I just read as many books as I could.

It's only been in the last few years that I've been more organised in my reading. I started to keep a list of books I've read in 2002 but at first I didn't record everything, sometimes I just wanted to get on to the next book, so my records up to 2006 are a guide really, showing the tip of the iceberg. from January 2006 I've noted all the books I've read in a little Book Journal.

3 comments:

Kay said...

I have the impression that I read more now, but I'm not really sure. I have always read as much as I was able at that moment. Less when I was busy and more when not. I do know when I didn't work, I read almost a book a day. That rivals my summertime reading as a teenager.

I have kept a log of what I have read since 1993 and wish I had kept one forever. It really helps to look back and see where I left off in a series or have I actually read a certain book because my memory is not as it once was. Ha!

Dorothy W. said...

It really IS hard to remember, isn't it? I think I probably read more when I was younger, but that's because I'm imagining I had more time, when maybe I didn't ...

Literary Feline said...

Happy belated Anniversary! I hope you enjoyed your day.

I wish I had started keeping a reading journal earlier. I think I might have started one when I was a child too, although I couldn't tell you for sure. Your comment about reading for half hour lunches when you were working, sums up some of my weekday reading now!