Sunday, December 16, 2007

First Sentences

Kate posted this meme, which she borrowed from Danielle, who in turn borrowed it from Sylvia. The idea is that you post the first sentence from each month in the year from your blog. Like Kate I've changed it a bit, skipping to the second post of the month if the first began with a quotation rather than a sentence I'd written myself, or if it was just something like "a good month for reading" as I usually start the month summarising what I'd read the previous month - and that's just too boring. Not that the following sentences are brilliant at grabbing attention or exciting (note to self - I must try harder!)

I actually started my blog in July 2006 but only wrote one post, so I'm starting this list in April this year.

April
I've been meaning to write more, both in this blog and in other writing, but somehow there's always something else to do.

May
Sunday was sunny, just perfect for a Bluebell Walk at Rushall Farm.

June
Daisy Lupin has started a new blog devoted to poetry and the theme for June is Poetry we loved as Children. (Sadly Daisy died in June, I did so enjoy reading her blog.)

July
It was D’s birthday last Saturday and the grandchildren painted some beautiful pictures to give him.

August
Can anyone identify this please? (It was a Cinnabar Moth).

September
The year is on the turn and autumn is on its way.

October
Whilst in Stratford last week I browsed the bookshops, one of my favourite pastimes, and couldn't resist buying The Complete Stories and Poems of Lewis Carroll.

November
Crossing to Safety was Wallace Stegner’s last novel published when he was 78 years old.

December
The third episode of “Cranford” is being shown on BBC1 this evening. (The last episode is on tonight.)

2 comments:

Nan - said...

I used to read her blog, too, and was so stunned when she died.

BooksPlease said...

Nan, it was such a shock, I felt as though I knew her even though I never met her.