Sunday, December 09, 2007

What's In a Name? Challenge

I can't resist joining this challenge, even though I'm already doing a few. This one is hosted by Annie, who is ten or eleven. See Words by Annie for the full picture. The idea is that you read one book from each category over the course of next year. Surely I can do that, especially as I can choose books from my to be read list.

These are the books I've chosen for now - I may change them later as who knows what I'll want to read next year? I've been meaning to read these books for quite a while now, so this should push me into reading them.

A book with a colour in the title: Half a Yellow Sun, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

A book with an animal in its title: The Tenderness of Wolves, Stef Penney

A book with a first name in its title: My Cousin Rachel, Daphne Du Maurier

A book with a place in its title: Winter in Madrid, C J Sansom

A book with a weather event in its title: Snow, Orhan Pamuk

A book with a plant in its title: Gem Squash Tokoloshe, Rachel Zadok

6 comments:

Table Talk said...

The first two are wonderful and I really envy you reading them for the first time. I've just been reading a piece about Pamuk from Saturday's Guardian and as a result have put 'My Name is Read' to the top of the TBR list and at some point I must read 'Winter in Madrid' it's sitting there looking at me even as I write.

Jaimie said...

My Cousin Rachel was very good, I thought. It sounds like a fun challenge.

BooksPlease said...

Table Talk - These are books that I really wanted to start straight away when I bought them! I have looked at each of them and am anticipating great enjoyment in reading them. There are so many good books around and not enough hours in the day to read them all.

Jaimie, I have a set of Du Maurier books lined up to read. I heard a dramtisation of My Cousin Rachel on the radio this year, which was so good.

heather (errantdreams) said...

What a clever challenge!

LisaMM said...

Looks like a great list!

Danielle said...

I'd like to reread My Cousin Rachel. I read it quite a while ago and remember liking it. This was a fun list to come up with!