Saturday, January 05, 2008

Chunkster Challenge

I’ve decided to sign up for another challenge to help me get through my TBR list. It's to read big, fat books – or as the Challenge calls them ‘chunksters’. The books have to have 450+ pages and mine are well over that. The ones I have picked – but this may change as I like to read as the fancy takes me - are:

The Book Thief by Markus Zusack (584 pages)
The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox (598 pages)
The Needle in the Blood by Sarah Bower (575 pages)
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (529 pages)

It is hosted by So Many Books, So Little Time - so true!

5 comments:

Nan - said...

More power to ye! I'll look forward to reviews, but not too soon. :<)

Ravenous Reader said...

I've just taken on the new translation of War and Peace - that certainly qualifies for the "Chunkster Challenge!"

Good luck :)

BooksPlease said...

Nan, yes the reviews of these books will not be done soon!

Ravenous Reader nice to hear from you - what a good blog name! War and Peace is a great book (no pun intended)!

Stefanie said...

You'll just zoom right through Book Thief. Even while I was sobbing I couldn't stop reading. And is Cloud Atlas really that many pages? That one will go quick too. At least it did when I read it.

Brooksideelaine said...

Book Thief - have hankies ready. Wonderful book

Needle in the Blood - my book of the year

Meaning of Night and Cloud Atlas - not for me I am afraid