Tuesday, February 05, 2008

From The Stacks Challenge


The Overdue Books Challenge came to an end on 31 January 2008. The idea was to read 5 books from those you had already purchased, had been meaning to get to and haven't read before. There was to be no going out and buying new books and no getting sidetracked by the lure of the holiday bookstore displays.

The books I chose were:

Half a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Adichie
Needle in the Blood by Sarah Bowers
The Testament of Gideon Mack by James Robertson
Winter in Madrid by C J Sansom
The Other Side of You by Salley Vickers

On the first count I didn’t do too well because I only read two of these books, namely The Testament of Gideon Mack by James Robertson, which I wrote about on 13 December 2007 and Winter in Madrid by C J Sansom, which I wrote about on 30 January 2008.

Although I started off quite well it wasn’t long before I began to buy more books so I failed dismally on the second count. Still, I’m pleased that I did read at least two books from my To Be Read List, so I’m counting it as a mini success and I will read the other books this year.

7 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I finished 6. I think I did well. Yet to do a wrap up post though!

BTW, I have tagged you for a meme!! You will like it!

BooksPlease said...

You did very well. I'm thinking about my answers, but that'll be the day, when I write a book!

StuckInABook said...

That counts as a success, I think! I looked back at a list of twelve or so that I'd made around May - read about four...

Love the new picture at the top, by the way - that's not another view from your house, is it?

BooksPlease said...

Thanks, Simon. It's not the view from our house but it's just a short walk away across the fields.

Sam said...

Well, in that case you will have plenty of books with which to do this meme! Tag you're it!

http://samburgess.blogspot.com/2008/02/book-meme.html

BooksPlease said...

Sam, another meme to do!

Danielle said...

I'm always happy when I even finish a couple of books on these challenges. I'm really only doing two now--one of short stories, and the What's in a Name--and I've even read one of the books in my list! :)