Saturday, March 29, 2008

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Group

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

I've just added a new widget to the sidebar to the left but I'm putting it in this post as well because I like the image and I'm so pleased that there are now some books available to us in the UK. LibraryThing in conjunction with publishers provide advance copies of books, in exchange for reviews.

I didn't expect to be lucky enough to get a copy as there many more people applying for copies than are available. So I was so pleased when I had a message that I had snagged an Early Reviewers copy of Our Longest Days edited by Sandra Koa Wing - it arrived in the post yesterday.

It looks fascinating and fits in so well with my reading interests as it's full of extracts from diaries written during the Second World War. I'll be writing more about this book!

3 comments:

GeraniumCat said...

I was delighted to snag a book too! I haven't added the logo yet but I like it very much, and am looking forward to reading and writing about the book. I hope that we'll soon have as many books here as are available in the UK and Canada.

Danielle said...

I received one last time around, too, though I've yet to get it in the mail. I feel a little guilty as I've gotten behind reading and writing something up on these books. I want to add the little logo to my sidebar (isn't it great?), but I should actually get something read first...

Tara said...

This one looked really good to me, too - and then I noticed it was only available to UK residents. Which is fair, since most are available to US residents. The ducks in your most recent post are so beautiful and unique.