Sunday, March 09, 2008

Pets Please - Post No. 200

I thought I’d write something different for this, my 200th post. I’ve been looking through some photos for pictures of our pets. These are just a few I found, bringing back lots of memories.


Suki was the first cat D and I had. D took this photo in the garden of our first house. We had another cat, Candy, soon after but at the moment I can’t find a photo of her, although I know there are some.


We had a series of cats later on and eventually we got a dog. This was a big thing for me as I had always been frightened of dogs as a child and was still very unsure about them. We got Zoe, a beautiful golden retriever, the softest dog you could ever imagine.

Then we got another dog, Ben a border collie/labrador cross. He was so small when we got him that he could run underneath Zoe's legs. Here he is fully grown, still a small dog. He had lots of health problems and died of diabetes. I had to give him an insulin injection every morning. Another amazing thing I never thought I'd do. He never complained.

Here they both are chasing a stick. They loved running.


After the dogs died we weren't going to have any more pets, but we soon decided we couldn't live without an animal in the house. So we got Lucy. Here she is as a kitten.


Stretching in the garden.

Then we added George, who had been D's dad's cat.

Finally, here is Lucy in the garden. She's 14 this month and still behaves like a kitten most of the time.

5 comments:

D said...

I know where there is one of Candy curled up in a waste paper basket.
What about the birds?

Lezlie said...

Cute!! They're all adorable!

I know what you mean about the insulin. Our other old kitty, Jack (I have to get his pic out on my blog soon), was diagnosed with diabetes about 15 months ago. He has to have shots twice a day. At first I made Peter do it, because I was afraid I'd hurt him. Now it's just part of the daily routine, and he's doing great!

Talk to you later!
Lezlie

BooksPlease said...

Lezlie, I was scared of hurting Ben, but he knew he had to stand still, not easy for such an active dog. Glad that Jack is doing great now.

Danielle said...

Happy 200th post! Love the photos--I wouldn't be happy without having a cat (or two). Growing up we always had cats and dogs.

GeraniumCat said...

Congratulations on your 200th post, I like the way you chose to celebrate it.