Friday, April 11, 2008

Do You Want To Know the End?



I’m reading C J Sansom’s book Revelation. Don’t worry there are no spoilers here!

This is the fourth in the Matthew Shardlake series and he’s working on the case of a teenage boy held in the Bedlam Hospital for the insane (or is he possessed?) and also investigating a series of brutal murders. The murderer is using a chapter in the Book of Revelation as the pattern for the killings.

There’s a lot more to say about this book, which will have to wait for a later post. I’m about half way through the book and am wondering just who is the murderer – I’m picking up clues, but are they red herrings? I’m always tempted to turn to the end of the book and see who done it, but I don’t want to.

But this morning I couldn’t resist just a little peek. So just opening the book enough to see just a few words on the last page I read part of the last sentence – with my hand over the rest of the page –

Out there in a chapel in a palace, the King had finally married Catherine Parr.”

So no surprises there then!

5 comments:

Lezlie said...

I cannot wait until this book is available here in the U.S.! I just love these!

Lezlie

BooksPlease said...

Lezlie, this book is just as good as his others.

Danielle said...

I've heard such good things about this author. I have Dissolution, but I don't think it's the first in the series? I need to give this author a try soon!

BooksPlease said...

Danielle, Dissolution is the first in the Shardlake series - then Dark Fire, then Sovereign. All great books.

zetor said...

As you say 'No surprises there'. I can't wait to get this book . I love them. I think the author is interviewed in the latest Waterstone's magazine . Next time I'm in town will get a copy.